To better protect our workforce and the community, BIW is taking precautions to ensure the safety of all employees. We must work together to keep each other safe and reduce the impact of COVID-19.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please do not come to work. Remain at home, call your doctor and then call the BIW Nurse Triage Line at 207-442-4296 for guidance.
Until further notice, all business travel requires your divisional VP and VP of Human Resources approval. Requests should be made via your divisional VP.
Domestic Travel – US Destinations
There are currently no restrictions on travel to any state.
Testing is still recommended, but not required.
Note: For those working from Planning Yard homeports or sites outside of Maine, please speak with your supervisor.
Fully vaccinated (at least 14 days past their final COVID-19 dose)
- Quarantine is not required unless you are experiencing symptoms.
- Testing is recommended 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. If the COVID-19 test is positive, isolate.
Not fully vaccinated:
- Quarantine for 7 days from arrival in the U.S. AND get a COVID-19 PCR test 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. If the COVID-19 test is positive, isolate.
- Even if the COVID-19 test is negative, complete the 7-day quarantine after travel.
- Quarantine for 10 days after their arrival in the U.S.