This section has info on COVID-19 testing, communication methods, cybersecurity awareness, primary entrances and cleaning and WFM terminals.
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on how COVID-19 is spread, the symptoms, prevention, travel, virus safety policies, COVID-related time accounting, accessing hygiene and cleaning supplies, and what to do if one develops symptoms, click here.
For what happens when an employee tests positive and returning to work after exposure, click here.
Automessenger is a service that can send an email or text message to participants. To sign up, click here and follow the instructions. If you have difficulty signing up, send an email to email@example.com.
Note: All BIW-issued cellphones are automatically enrolled in Automessenger.
We are using as many communication methods as we can to make sure our employees and the community are kept informed on a timely basis with accurate information.
- This website is being updated regularly. Check the latest coronavirus updates here.
- Automessenger is a service that sends text and email alerts to users. Sign up for the free service here.
- We will post information on the digital bulletin boards that are located throughout the shipyard.
- Emails are sent directly to employees with access to computers or company-issued cellphones.
- We also will communicate using social media, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
Learn about the technology available to enable social distancing instead of face-to-face interaction here.
Learn about COVID-19-related cyber threats here.
COVID-19 Testing Sites
View a list of sites that provide COVID-19 testing here.
Primary Shipyard Gates and Cleaning
BIW has five primary gates – Railroad lot, North Clock House, Main Gate, West Gate and South Gate. The turnstiles in each gate are being cleaned multiple times each day. Sanitizing stations are located near the turnstiles or the time accounting terminals located near each gate as well as many of the time accounting machines.
Additional Workforce Management Terminals
New WFM (MPT) terminals have been installed to further our social distancing initiative. See the new locations here.
Learn more about face covering recommendations here.
Learn about the temporary parking lots and see parking maps here.
Ride Waiting Areas
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you will be directed to one of our Ride Waiting Areas.
- Steps to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 If You Are Sick. Read More
- Take Time for Self-Care. Read More
- Protect Yourself & Others. Read More
- Stop the Spread of Germs. Read More