How to apply for a job at Bath Iron Works:
- Go to our Outside Applicant Career Portal. If you are a current employee, go to the Internal Employee Career Portal.
- If you are returning candidate, click the “Log back in!” link located near the upper right-hand corner of the page to access your profile.
- Our job listings page will open. To view open positions, please click on the “view all open positions” link, or use the search fields provided.
- To apply for a job opening, click on the “Apply for this job online” link located on the right side of each job description page.
- If you have not applied for a job with us before, you will be walked through setting up a profile. Once this profile is created, you will be able to submit as many applications as you would like.
- If there are no job openings of interest, we recommend creating your profile so it is ready to go (tip: don’t forget what email you used to create this profile!) and that you continue watching the job listings page for new postings, as new opportunities are posted frequently.
If you have difficulties submitting a profile:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to resolve the issue. Please be aware that we do not accept resumes by email.
If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position:
- If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply through our online application process or you otherwise need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, you may use the alternative methods described below to contact us about your interest in Bath Iron Works and/or to request an accommodation by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Attn: Employment, 700 Washington St., Bath, ME 04530
- Phone: 207-442-4506
Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I contact the Employment Department?||For questions regarding your job application or other employment-related questions, please call 207-442-4506 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of calls and emails, keep in mind that our recruitment team may not be able to respond right away.
|How long does it usually take to hear back after submitting an application?||It usually takes around 2-3 weeks to complete running a background check. Once the background check is completed and cleared, our Medical Department will reach out to schedule your medical review and drug screening. However, due to the high volume of new applications coming in, the process may take longer. Because of this, you may not hear back if your application was rejected. You can check your application status at any time by going to your online profile on biwcareers.com.
If you have questions regarding your application, please don’t hesitate to contact the Employment Office at 207-442-4506. If you have questions for our Medical Department, feel free to contact them at 207-442-2231.
|Can I submit more than one job application?||You can apply for multiple job openings and there isn’t a limit on the number of jobs you can apply for.
If at a later date you wish to apply for other job openings, click on the “Returning Candidate? Log back in” link to return to your profile dashboard. You may apply to additional jobs by clicking on “view current job opportunities.”
|Why haven’t I heard back yet after receiving an offer?||After receiving an offer, applicants go through a background check. This process usually takes 2-3 weeks.
You can check your application status at any time by going to your online profile on biwcareers.com.
|Why is it taking so long to hear back?||We are currently going through a hiring surge and are processing a large amount of applicants. You can always reach out by calling 207-442-4506 or emailing email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We thank you for your patience in waiting to hear back.|
|Are there referral bonuses available?||BIW employees who recommend a candidate may be eligible to receive $250 less applicable taxes and withholdings. View details here.|