Things to Consider
When looking for a new place to call home there are many things to consider as part of your move. The following is a list of key points to think about as you start your relocation journey.
- What neighborhood and community is right for you
- Commuting distance
- Housing – Things for you to consider
- Number of bedrooms
- Size / Type of home desired
- Acceptance of pets?
- Proximity to work / Schools / Hobbies
- Housing – Things a landlord might require
- Credit check
- Proof of income / Employment
- Security deposit
Locations within Commuting Distance to BIW
Resources to Help with Your Search
- Be careful of scams – don’t send money until you have viewed a property (virtually or in person) and signed an agreement / lease.
- It’s recommended that you do a walkthrough of any rented property with the landlord prior to moving in to document condition and any pre-existing damages.
- Be aware of COVID – follow State of Maine mandated requirements at all times. Click here for more information.
- ENJOY Maine – there is so much to do and see! Check out a few of the below websites for ideas and suggestions:
Be advised that the links and information provided are for informational purposes only. BIW has no affiliation with any of the service providers or businesses identified in this section and employees are solely responsible for finding housing that meets their individual needs.