All invited guests must have proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate or passport. Bath Iron Works does not offer tours to the public.
If you are a visiting vendor/contractor, click here for visiting the yard information.
We want everyone who visits BIW to feel as safe as our own employees. To prepare for your visit, please review our safety video. Complete the Visitor Access Control Form and bring the form with you upon arrival to BIW.
- Watch our Visitor Safety Video
- Fill out our Visitor Access Control Form
Please be sure to review our visitor privacy notice here.
We want everyone who visits BIW to feel as safe as our own employees. Please remember that a large part of our working environment is an industrial facility where many different types of manufacturing processes take place. When you visit make sure that you arrive in proper attire:
- Shirts must have at least quarter-length sleeves
- Shoes must be sturdy all leather-upper shoes with a hard or thick sole (open toed shoes, high heels or exposed feet are not allowed)
- Full length pants are required (dresses are permitted when remaining in designated walkways)
- If you are visiting manufacturing areas, we require that you wear ASTM 2413/ANSI Z41 compliant footwear. Proper personal protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, and hearing protection may be required depending on the area. PPE can be provided.
It is important that we maintain an alcohol and drug-free work environment. Please adhere to the following:
- Tobacco products may not be used anywhere within BIW facilities. This is a firm rule that is enforced to protect the health of our workforce and to help minimize fire risk. No smoking, no chewing, no snuff, no use of e-cigarettes.
- There is a similar strict prohibition on entering under the influence of alcohol and un-prescribed drugs, or bringing such materials into the yard.
Remember to follow all safety instructions. Please verify entry requirements and parking locations with your point of contact at the specific BIW location in question. We’ll be happy to answer any questions that you have in order to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Click here for directions.